Organisations and individuals that use arts and culture to help build strong, well-connected communities can now apply for grant funding.
Thurrock CVS runs the Voluntary Sector Development Fund (VSDF), which is being used with council funding to support creative projects that use the arts in Thurrock, to:
- help build strong and well-connected communities
- show the types of projects that could be supported in future
The fund offers 1 year of funding for projects that either Thurrock-wide or neighbourhood-based.
VSDF small arts grants 2019/20
The VSDF small arts grants programme for 2019/20 is now open for expressions of interest.
The programme will share a maximum of £25,000 in grants:
- up to £500 for an individual
- up to £4,000 for a group or an individual who is sponsored by a group
Applicants must provide funding equivalent to at least 10% of the total amount awarded. This can be ‘in kind’ – for example, use of a venue, or volunteer time that must be valued at £10.70 per hour.
Projects can use any art form, including – but not limited to – dance, visual arts, video, drama and music. Any artwork and intellectual property created using the funding will belong to the individual or group that submitted the application.
We will ask for monitoring information, including photos that could help to support future funding applications. Images and information will be credited to the relevant artist or group.
If a group is sponsoring an individual, the group will be responsible for the project.
How to apply
The application process is split into 2 stages:
- stage 1, expressions of interest – applicants will be asked to complete and submit a simple ‘expression of interest’ form by 19 January 2020
- stage 2, full application – applicants successful at stage 1 will be invited to submit a full application, which will be assessed by the grants panel
We will shortlist expressions of interest at a public event on 23 January 2020. The description of each project in section 2 of the form will be published, so you should not include information that could identify you or others.
We will announce the successful full applications in early March 2020.