|Thurrock CVS will be sharing information with members of this group, our members and the local community on a regular basis. |
Please feel free to share to others. The information will include local and national guidance, support organisations, useful facts and shout outs for help or support during this time. If you have anything you would like shared, please direct message this site and will endeavour to share. Following on from the latest Government advice, Thurrock residents along with the rest of the country are being asked to:
– Stop all unnecessary contact with other people
– Avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues
– Work from home wherever possible
– Reduce or stop all unnecessary travel
This is particularly important for our high risk residents:
– Anyone aged 70+
– Any adult with an underlying chronic health condition for which they would usually be eligible for a seasonal flu vaccination
– Pregnant women
Additional measures relating to self-isolation for the above three high risk groups will be start this weekend. They are:
– All members of high risk groups should self-isolate at home for 12 weeks, shield themselves from social contact and should only leave their home to exercise.
– When leaving their home to exercise, they should keep a safe distance between themselves and other members of the public.
There was no decision made to close any schools although some local schools are taking individual decisions affecting certain year groups. You should check with your children’s school to find out whether this is the case. Such announcements are also available their websites. Thurrock CVS will be posting official guidance links and information from Public Health, Local and National Government regularly. You are advised to look at these sources rather than general information that is being posted.