One Community are now open 2 days a weeks on Mondays and Thursdays starting from Monday 7th September, and by appointment only, so please email, text or call, in the first instance to secure an appointment. This will gradually build back up to opening every day from November. Please note however, that they will still offer the Monday work club from 10.00am to 15.00pm as a coffee morning drop-in, but this will be restricted on a first come, first serve basis due to social distancing. They may need to make a follow-up appointment for you for this reason.
One Community have partnered with Skills Network Ltd to provide FREE-of-charge Level 2 courses listed below. Please contact One Community directly if you are interested in a course and they will send you the link to register. One Community are continuing to support people back to work through our Tilbury Opportunites (TOPs) and Headstart to Employment Projects that are being fully funded. Some will need face-to-face support with CV writing, job applications, IT support to get through, so One Community are now able to meet at the Shop by prior arrangement. VIPs and peer support mentors will be available to support you through this process once an appointment has been secured.
FREE Level 2 Courses (Study online in your own space, and pace or in our One Community Shop)
Health & Social Care Courses
- Allergy Awareness – NEW
- Awareness of Mental Health
- Principles of Care Planning
- Principles of Dementia Care
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Bullying In Children and Young people
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Understanding Dyslexia and Other Specific Learning Difficulties
- Counselling Skills
- Digital Skills – NEW
- Equality and Diversity
- Event Planning – NEW
- Extended Certificate in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events
- IT Skills
- LEAN Management – NEW
- Living in a fair & diverse society
- Principles of Business Administration
- Principles of Customer Service
- Principles of Team Leading
- Retail Operations
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
TLC, Little Things That Mean A lot Projects, and other business support services are available to you as, and when needed. They will also continue to be a Hate Incident Report Centre for Tilbury residents.
Finally, the Harlowsave Credit Union are partnering with One Community to rebrand as One Community Bank as part of their Strategy to accommodate our members as a locally based credit union offering all banking services, including savings and loans in the near future. They can support you to open a credit union account NOW! Just ring/email to make an appointment or go directly to their website on http://harlowsave.coop/
Please spread the word through making this information available to all in your network.