Citizens Advice in Thurrock has helped more than 1,300 people over the past six months.
The top issues the charity has helped with are Universal Credit, benefits, employment, housing and debt.
It quickly adapted to providing one-to-one advice over the phone and online by mobilising its team of staff and volunteers to work from home.
Kathy Kentish, Chief Executive of Citizens Advice in Thurrock, said: “Our team has been there to support people with the changing problems the pandemic has presented over the past six months.
“We will continue to be there to help online, over the phone and face-to-face where possible as we want to ensure no-one feels alone in facing their problems.
“Our advisers can help with everything from navigating the benefits systems, supporting people through a redundancy process, and ensuring they are getting all the support they are eligible for.
“I would encourage anyone who is worried or struggling to get in touch, the sooner you do, the sooner we can help.”
Citizens Advice South Thurrock provides free, impartial and confidential information, advice and Guidance.
Citizens Advice South Essex admin line 01277 358081.
There are a number of other ways people can continue to get advice during this time:
· General advice will be given via our Adviceline which people can reach by calling 0300 330 2101. This is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
· Anyone seeking support to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444.
· Anyone struggling with their household finances or struggling to pay their utility bills can contact our local Money Advice helpline number 01277 358082. This is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, voicemail and call back available.
· People can chat online to an advisor by visiting our website at citizensadvice.org.uk/contact-us.
· People looking for advice on consumer issues (e.g. issues related to products or services you’ve purchased) can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 or chat online to an advisor on our website.