Director of Finance and Fundraising
(information provided by SNAP charity)
Deadline for Application: 31st October
We wish to recruit a dynamic, driven and inspiring leader to be jointly responsible (alongside the Director of Family Services) for providing strategic vision and day to day management of SNAP. This is a key role in ensuring SNAP has the capacity to continue to provide support to our families due to its strong financial management, broad ranging fundraising activities and effective governance.
You will join our core team of 21 dedicated professionals who work alongside external specialists and a large team of volunteers to ensure our families get the support they deserve.
Who we are and what we do
We could spend days telling you how phenomenal we are but it would be best if you looked at our website to see who we are, what we do and the impact we have.
By way of a short introduction SNAP (Special Needs and Parents) is a Brentwood based organisation that supports Essex families who have children, aged 0-25, with any special need or disability. We aim to inform, encourage and support parents so that they can grow in strength and knowledge and become better equipped to give the best possible help to their children. Over the past 27 years (supporting 5523 families) we have gained an in-depth understanding of the everyday demands encountered when a child has an additional need or disability. At the heart of our work we aim to help and empower the whole family, enabling them to meet the challenges they face by providing a safe environment which offers a wide range of support and specialist services.
In these uncertain times, despite the insecurity and fearfulness of COVID-19 SNAP has found ways to remain a key point of contact and support for families. The switch to remote working enabled us to be there for our families; at the end of the phone and via zoom. We have been able to continue to offer music therapy, yoga, parent training sessions, counselling, drama and even several virtual fundraising events during this period, whilst dealing with 3,331 Helpline calls and emails from existing and new families, proving how vital SNAP’s work is.
The role and its responsibilities
As a member of the senior leadership team you will work closely with the Board of Trustees and the Director of Family Services to nurture the culture, strategy, systems and structure within SNAP to ensure it continues to deliver outstanding services that support our families.
This is a unique role where you will have the opportunity to create and implement a forward-looking visionary strategy to support the aims and objectives of SNAP. Always looking at the bigger picture, you will be a central figure in the success of SNAP over the coming years.
The actual role is varied but in summary the successful candidate will work closely with the Treasurer and be responsible for:
- Leading the finance team in maintaining strong financial and budgetary management controls.
- Producing regular management accounting, cash flow reports, forecasting and financial analysis to ensure SNAP has the strong sustainable foundations that underpin work with our families.
- Strategic management of our Fundraising and Marketing team that encompasses all corporate and community fundraising alongside our statutory and grants application team.
- Managing our HR, IT and facilities management functions to ensure best practice in all operational and administrative areas.
What can you offer SNAP?
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader who can demonstrate their commercial and financial acumen balanced alongside the desired outcomes that drive a successful charity.
- An inspiring leader, with a strong collaborative approach that fosters participation and “buy-in”
- An individual who has a proven track record in a senior commercial management role, preferably from a charity or a not for profit organisation
- Someone who is familiar with Charity Commission Guidance and Regulations for best practice Governance and confident in implementing these for everyday use
- Someone who can demonstrate their extensive financial management experience in both hands-on and strategic roles
- An individual who has experience of complex funding applications to statutory authorities and to charitable foundations for grants
- A forward looking visionary who questions, challenges and continually strives to optimise resources to achieve day to day goals
- Someone who has experience of representing an organisation at senior level with statutory bodies, key stakeholders, high profile funders and the local business community.
- Confident in your communication style and ability to deliver compelling and eloquent presentations aligned to an organisation’s strategy and objectives
- A team builder, who nurtures, develops and unleashes the full potential of your team
- An ambitious individual with a desire for personal development with the potential to take on more senior Director level duties.
Further details can be found here.