What is this grant fund?
This small grants programme will provide funds up to the value of £4,000 to help those organisations that are able to sustain, refocus and or expand their organisation to support local residents affected by the coronavirus. Small or local charities and community groups are invited to apply to receive a grant of £250 to £4,000 for specific coronavirus relief projects.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any voluntary or community organisation active in Thurrock can apply for a grant.
Applications are invited from groups that are able to show that their grant:
- will sustain as a result of immediate support in order to offset loss of income as a result of lock down and social distancing
- refocus and/or expand their organisation to clearly and positively help Thurrock residents affected by the Coronovirus and impact on our communities by giving access to food, toiletries, basic necessities as well as community projects to reach out and support people at this time
- show maximum community benefit for the grant invested
- involve people from different parts of the community working together
Ineligible applications are those that:
- Fail to clearly and/or positively meet the above bullet points.
- promote any faith or political belief system (faith projects supporting the wider community can be supported)
- require ongoing funding
- have no demonstrable community benefit
How to apply
When is the grant open for applications?
The grant application period will open from 11th May
Where to return completed applications?
Please return your completed application form to:
Deadline for Applications 25th May 2020