Thurrock CVS is a membership organisation that endeavours to speak up for and act in the interests of its members in all of its work – promoting the interests of local community groups, voluntary organisations and social enterprises in Thurrock.
Thurrock CVS invites all local community groups, non-profit organisations and charities to become members.
- Dedicated Development CVS worker support
- Tailored one to one advice, information, guidance
- Annual organisation health check
- E-bulletins and regular updates on local issues, funding opportunities, events and more
- Promotion of your services, events, volunteer/ staff vacancies and other news via our social media, newsletter, e-bulletin, website and networks
- Networking opportunities at forums and events
- Being part of a trusted local voice that works to influence public policy and commissioning decisions Organisation Development Support
- Access to template documents and policies
- Access to training at discounted rates
- Information about funding opportunities
- Access to Thurrock CVS equipment and facilities, including meeting rooms, franking, printing, at discounted rates
- DBS service
- Voting rights at Thurrock CVS General Meetings
To apply for annual membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All new membership applications will be considered individually and approved by the Thurrock CVS Board of Trustees.
Types of Membership
There 2 membership types Full and Associate:
Full Members must:
- Have adopted a set of rules or a constitution.
- Be run by a management committee board or steering group.
- Have an Equal Opportunities Policy
- Apply their resources for the benefit of the community.
- Not be run for profit.
- Be located within or offer services in Thurrock.
- Currently use or intend to use the services of CVS.
- Be Voluntary, Community or Charity based.
Excluded groups or individuals who cannot become members include:
- Those whose primary purpose is party political.
- Groups or individuals who do not promote equal opportunities or who practice discrimination.
- Groups with closed membership whose aims are to satisfy their members with no regard to enriching the wider community.
- A business.
If your group / organisation are new, very small and/or does not have a governing body or document in place, you can still join Thurrock CVS as an Associate Member. You will receive all the information and support offered to Full Members but would not have voting rights.
Membership fees are based on the annual income of individual groups and organisations as follows:-
Annual income under £10,000 Free *
Annual income £10,001 – £50,000 £10.00
Annual income £50,001 – £100,000 £15.00
Annual income £100,001 – £150,000 £20.00
Annual income £150,001 – £200,000 £25.00
Annual income £200,001 – £250,000 £30.00
Annual income over £250,000 £35.00
* If your group / organisation does not currently receive funding you will need to complete a waiver
If you would like further information please get in touch by emailing Vanessa.email@example.com