The discovery of a new strain of coronavirus, Omicron, has meant that the Government has brought in some new rules to help keep us safer and will expand the delivery of vaccines to provide boosters to millions more people by the end of January.
Contacts of individuals with a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant, must self-isolate, regardless of their age or vaccination status.
Staff and customers must wear a face covering in shops and in premises that provide close contact services including public transport.
How to help protect staff and customers
There are 7 main actions you can take to protect yourself, your staff and your customers.
- Complete a health and safety risk assessment that includes the risk from COVID-19
- Provide adequate ventilation
- Remind your staff and customers to wear a face covering in indoor spaces where required by law
- Clean more often
- Find out more about who should self-isolate
- Enable people to check in at your venue
- Communicate and train
Those running events should refer to the organised events guidance for more information.