SNAP supports families who have a child or young person, aged 0-25, with any additional need or disability. No diagnosis or referral is needed for them to access our support. We cover the whole of Essex, Thurrock and Southend and we are currently helping more than 3,200 families. Over 6,000 families have been supported since SNAP began in 1994.
We inform, encourage and support our parents and in doing so we increase resilience and empowerment within their families. Our approach is to look after the whole family unit and be a reliable constant in their lives, and our ethos is to support children with any disability to fulfil their full potential. Our experienced small team of family support advisers offers a comprehensive service that is tailored to each family’s needs.
To help us continue the great work we do, we are looking for an empathetic, friendly and enthusiastic assistant to cover our front desk, to welcome and look after our families and visitors when they arrive at the centre and to provide support to the Family Team. This is a very varied role that would suit someone who would like to learn and grow within the family services team.
This is a full-time role, working Monday to Friday, 40 hours a week between the hours of 9am and 6pm. However, we are also open to the possibility of a job share arrangement for this role.
· Greeting visitors and answering face to face enquiries
· Signing in families for sessions and taking payments
· Manage the booking and maintenance of education and benefits appointments including reminders, administration and any follow up work
· Assist with the administration and tracking of DBS applications
· Generate and monitor ‘Stay in touch’ emails to families
· Ensure team rota is up to date to cover all sessions
· Manage the generic email inbox
· Maintain and manage the calendar for the family services team
· Provide PA duties to the CEO
· Assist in the ordering, maintaining, cleaning and storage of equipment and resources
· Assist in the ordering/replenishing of stock including household supplies, food and drinks
· Ensure that the reception area is kept clean and tidy at all times
· To attend training courses as required
· To participate in SNAP social and fundraising activities
All staff are responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in line with SNAP’s child protection and safeguarding adults’ policies and procedures.
Appropriate safeguarding training will be completed every three years.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday